The purpose of St. Mark's Lutheran Preschool is to be in partnership with the home, providing the 3, 4, and 5 year old child with a warm, caring environment and developmentally appropriate experiences that promote social, emotional, cognitive, physical and spiritual development.
St. Mark's offers a warm Christian environment where the child can feel secure and stimulated to discover and explore:
1. the child's relationship to God,
2. the child's relationship toward
3. the child's relationship to others,
4. the child's relationship to God's world.
Jesus said, "Let the children come to me." (Matthew 19:14)
Our Preschool offers a Christian educational experience and therefore includes:
1. qualified, degreed, Christian
2. religious instruction as shown in our objectives,
3. developmentally appropriate
play and learning experiences.
Through the activities in our Preschool curriculum, the children will:
1. Grow spiritually so as to -
• develop a sense of trust
• realize their need for God's love
• know Jesus as their personal Savior
• respond to God's love
• feel secure in God's love
• see themselves as God's children
2. Grow emotionally so as to -
• develop a positive self concept
• be free to risk failure and be comfortable with mistakes
• develop a sense of security and trust
• show independence and self- responsibility
• channel emotions into appro- priate and acceptable outlets
3. Grow socially so as to -
• learn to play, work, and com- municate with peer and adults
• adjust to group situations
• accept others even though they may be different from self
• develop a sense of community
• accept change in environment and routine
4. Grow physically so as to -
• develop large and fine motor coordination
• develop eye-hand and eye-foot coordination
• become aware of his/her own body
5. Growintellectually so as to -
• continue to develop language use and understanding
• develop pre-reading skills such as: visual discrimination, auditory discrimination, under- standing of symbols, love of and interest in books
• develop pre-math skills such as: sorting and classifying, understanding of symbols, time and space
• develop an ever-increasing
• complete tasks begun
• initiate his/her activities
6. Grow creatively so as to -
• view him/herself as a unique individual created and valued by God
• express ideas in his/her own unique way
• be free to create artistically
using a variety of media
• develop his/her God-given talents and abilities
3 Year Old Program
9:00 to 11:15 a.m.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Tuesday & Thursday
4 Year Old Program
8:45 - 11:30 a.m.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Children must be 3 years old by September 1 to enroll in the 3 year old class or 4 years old by September 1 to enroll in the 4 year old class.
What Makes Us Special!
St. Mark's Lutheran Preschool is located 1 block north of the intersection of West Bridge Street and 17th Avenue (17th Avenue becomes Stevens Drive on the north side of Bridge Street). The parking lot and entrance to the building are located on the west side of the building.
St. Mark's Lutheran Preschool
600 Stevens Drive
Wausau, WI 54401
St. Mark's Lutheran Preschool complies with the issued IRS Revenue Procedure 75-50. We admit students of any race, color, national and/or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to all students. St. Mark's does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and/or other school administered programs.
St. Mark's Lutheran
Offering 3-year, 4-year, and 5-year old programs in a State licensed, Christian environment.